Friday, April 11, 2008 @4/11/2008 11:25:00 pm
hello frenchmate. our french days are on wednesday evenings. but it starts at like, 630? ): i'm ok cool with wed, what about u?
some overdue photos from our last date, the one which I'll never ever forget (:



I can say that this entire week of my attachment has been a very slack one. I guess it's cos it's my last week, so I'm given less work. the only out-of-the-norm thing that I did was mounting posters. I had to mount like 6 double-sided A2 posters (that's 12 times). I hate to mount because the vapour would make my whole body (ok maybe not whole, but the top part) sticky. but I'm proud of myself cos I mounted everything by myself this time round and it seemed better and had less crease than the very first time I mounted with Derrick (:
yesterdaydined at this jap place with marche-like concept, called shoduku or shodoko.everyone should try it man, the food is good and the price's not too unreasonable too! it is at raffles city's new extended basement, and man, was the queue long! we (hbf, han-ey;lol, and I) shared a few dishes and had banana crepe and honey waffle for dessert. the desserts were a perfect thing for sweet-tooths like me. the sides of the crepes are so crispy and the banana with the sauce just melts in your mouth. and and and! the waffle itself (even without the honey; anw the honey kinda dried and it doesn't really taste like there's honey when we started eating) was mouth-savouring =D i love the dessert more than any of the dishes. erm wait, maybe no; the unagi omelette is an exception (: but they had little unagi ): walked around the basement after we had our fill. settled down at starbucks where han ordered his starbucks drink and chai and I went to buy the new zealand rasberry smoothie. sat down, chit-chatted and then went to esplanade to get han's postcards.
todayprob because it's my last day of work, I wasn't assigned any today. so i did the email data entry and shredded (i'm known as the ang bao shredder among my clique at my workplace; i'll explain later hhaha) some lucky draw slips. i was damn sleepy and had to fight to stay awake (and to make sure that no one spots me snoozing). reason being I've been sleeping at 2am for the past 2 nights to do cards for my colleagues. couldn't take it and went toilet to nap for 10 minutes just before lunch time. didn't go for lunch cos I didn't feel like it; called hbf and talked a while cos I felt so bored. the afternoon passed quite fast and soon it was the last hour of my work. I was tiling quite a few pieces of A2 sized posters and there were 2 that needed mounting (luckily it's just 2 =p). on my way down I passed the cards to nancy and asked her to pass to my colleagues. I put those cards into envelopes and wrote "Attn to:..." and the store's name, just like how they usually receive packages from suppliers or stores. hhaha and rachel and mikail did the same thing as me too. they spent like quite a bit (though to them it's nothing much) to get the body shop stuff for around 7-8 of those in the finance/accounting department. I received this really nice present from the 2 part-time JC students: a bracelet and 5 roches (: I like the package. it rocks like totally, haha. I lived up to the name man. anw, they call me ang bao shredder cos some time ago, I had to shred the (cartons of thousands of) leftover ang baos from the CNY sale. I think I have phobia of shredding now, be it using that machine or by hand =X I wanted to prepare cards for the two of them but I didn't have the time; felt so bad ):<>

the above were inside this envelope initially:
(front)
(back) yay yay. i'm the 'famous' ang bao shredder =X
anw, we celebrated lynn (my mktg manager)'s bday (which is the coming monday) in the pantry with the mango cake (the same type as jane ma's). I was secretly smiling to myself. hhaha those who know me well shoul know why=p the mangoes tasted real good. if it was white whip cream I'd have thrown it away; but the mango-flavoured whip cream just rocks. haha I can't care less=p after the cutting of cake lynn presented (in an informal way though) a $50 capitaland mall voucher to me. initially I thought it was some popular voucher and I was like thinking to myself, "I don't go popular that much.." but it's a capitaland mall voucher! i'm not restricted to any shops whatsoever; it's just those shopping centres! woots! it's even better than the treat that mikail and rachel got from their sups at swensens! this was something I'd never expected =D she was kinda humourous actually; today changed my perception of many of my colleagues man, in a good way of course! luckily michelle (a perm new marketing exec) brought her cam to snap. took some photos with my dearest colleagues. too bad Dawn left =( i shall upload them after michelle sends me (: i'm really thankful to have my colleagues around. I guess I must have been pretty lucky to have them guiding me, though I don't get to do important things.but they were really caring, which matters more than anything else (: I am contemplating going back during my 2 months sept holidays =D
I wonder if this person is my ex-EC lecturer. i think there's a 99.99999999% that it's him, cos of the age and salary. hhaha.

the one on top was for my supervisor. the rest are marketing execs whom I've helped and also the marketing manager.

for my friendly supervisor.

anyway, I was pretty
turned off by what he said today on the way home. he was (and sorry, i still think he is) such a typical spoil brat (bai jia zi in chinese). i don't want to bad-mouth him here but he's really insensible. he can tell me things like "I don't understand why people wanna work part time?" and "they can just get pocket money what, what for work" and "aye, at this age now, I don't care about working, I got pocket money can liao. at most don't go shopping lor". but hey, look at the way u spend on food la dude. I know you are rich, that you get good pocket money, but normal civilians don't get to spend that amount everyday, and not everyone is like you, being born into a well-to-do family from the start, and get pampered like some little prince since young such that you avoid eating at shabby-looking places as much as you can. and to think that he thinks it's alright that his parents pay for his bills and other expenditures. i mean, look, we are approaching our 20s now. we SHOULD, by right, learn to earn our own money cos our parents' don't come easy. he kept saying how he doesn't understand why is it that the staff in the accounting/finance department are slogging their lives, that why there's this accountant who's been there for 25 years. when I questioned him back with "why don't u work part time", he just said "for what? i don't wanna torture myself. besides, my parents give me pocket money". he simply took it all for granted, which made me retaliate. that's the difference between a rich brat and a poor but sensible young adult.
sorry. this is supposed to be a happy post because it's my last day of internship but my mood's just spoiled towards the end. oh well. just grow up la boy. i'll upload more photos once michelle sends me (:
on a happier note, i'm meeting my pri school sweetheart tomorrow (: and i'm ps-ing the sec school class outing for that. haha sorry but I promised the former first.
and! belle's back! hope we can meet up on sun(: