Tuesday, December 18, 2007 @12/18/2007 08:32:00 pm
Weeee! Finally the ct period is over. But it doesn’t mean rest for me AT ALL. I’ve got 4 freaking projects excluding IS’s. 2 are due on the first week of school. This holiday will be dedicated to IEF and OM I guess ---how no life can I have? HAHHA I know many people are also in my plight, especially those in the same course as me. It seems that lecturers like to see us suffer.
Anyway, I didn’t get to have a complete rest after my last paper on Friday. In fact, I got even more tired and now as I am typing this, I am feeling drowsy =X hhahah, thanks to NYAA’s adventure camp. Finally SURVIVOR MALAK happened, after much hiccups. I wouldn’t say that this camp Is the best, but I’d ratify that at least, it WAS and IS FUN. Albeit things being much disorganized, the campers were actually quite patient with us I think, and they actually said they’d enjoy, excluding the waiting part. I know things are hard on everyone, especially the CC. ok, I admit that I didn’t perform up to expectations (and I’m sorry about that); that applies to almost everyone in the committee (except the CC) too. But thing is, all these are happening so close to our CT period; all of us were either too busy rushing projects or mugging to set aside time for this camp. Maybe if it was to be held in Feb next year, the result may vary (positively). Oh wells, what’s done cannot be undone. Impt thing is, we learn from this experience. Hahaha, this is the first time I’m planning a camp.
Not-so-happy things aside, here’s a recount of the 4d3n land and sea expedition initiated by NYAA:
Day 1:
Not much happening. I was quite surprised that every participant who signed up turned up for the camp. Only one couldn’t make it due to some family matters. We played some team-bonding(ice-breaking) games as usual (but they were pretty fun and interactive I think! Can unite the groups) before having our dinner. The campers were pretty much spontaneous and ‘self-highers’ (direct translation from Chinese), esp the selected GLs. So it’s great in the sense that they liven up their group (: LOL, but majority of the campers were from the same school (of LSCT), which explains what I’ve said earlier.
Nightwalk after dinner, Played ju-on for the campers while they were waiting for their time to go through the nightwalk either in pairs (any combi other than boy-boy). The sound and graphics were so lag that it made the movie not scary at all. LOL, that’s piracy for u. Anyway, something cropped up during the walk, thanks to some idiotic soccer boys who pranked us la. Halfway through, they took away the lightsticks that were meant as a directional tool, and the dummies that we made; and they made a lot of noises, How inconsiderate and barbaric can humans be -.- oh wells.




Day 2:
KAYAKING at pasir ris park(: but I didn’t kayak ): suhua and lifang too. Sigh the 3 of us were so lucky. #$%%%$^ don’t laugh at me (esp SUHUA), but I’ve never kayak-ed before. Shall take up one-star someday =D
Went TP to do the flashback. That school really lived up to it being dabbed as being known as design school. The layout of the entire school already proved so. It’s really very pretty a sight, and super organized, unlike NP campus =X and their facilities are like woa, though the whole TP may not be as big as NP.
bathing at pasir ris park was a disaster. it really showS how inconsiderate+irresponsible+disgusting (all the ugly side) singaporeans can be. i really felt like vomitting as I bathe man. both suhua and I can't wait to get out of that place when we came out of the shower cubicle =X shall not elaborate down here how disgusted we were.

LOL, this is so familiar la. I had two chalets somewhere around this kayaking centre before.













pretending that I am going to kayak =X
Day 3:
A day of the camp I'd been looking forward to, since I cannot get to kayak. went ubin for cycling. though it was a hot day (surprisingly cos the weather nowadays is always the opposite), I enjoyed myself. there's only one thing that'd deter me from going there again in the future. the bumpy road really puts your life in jeopardy. esp when going downslope, I can feel myself almost being thrown out of my seat. luckily I didn't; now I know why chai injured her wrist back then. a guy from the group I cycled with braked too hard and fell off his bicycle while going downslope (of a not so rocky road) as he wanted to avoid the puddle of water just ahead. his knees and elbow n palm were all bloody as a result. ok maybe I am exaggerating abit, but his fall was really a bad one. and we actually don't have enough first-aid equipment, because someone was lazy to bring the whole box and just took some basic bandage and plaster and asked me to carry. oh ya, a monkey at pulau ubin stole one of the camper's subway cookies while we were away from our bicycle. and IT ransacked everything that's left in our bicycle's basket. how clever. moral: don't leave your things unattended. LOL. dinner was great. that was the only meal I ate the most for the entire camp. oh yes...someone said the camp made him lose 3kg, cos he didn't eat much. like real. LOL.






the changed wen yun who likes to take photos now. but now I know why. cos he wanted to put it in his report =.=


the not-enough-for-10-people lunch =X
Day 4:
Home sweet home after some super dirty mass games. went fel's house to do ec project after I got home. so no life right. I was so tired I slept like a log on the bus journey to her house =X and in a very unglam position (my body almost 'fell' to the next seat, if u can imagine).
This whole camp may not be a perfectly well-planned one, and there were many disagreements here and there, it was fine altogether, I guess. I wanna thank the whole committe for making it happen one way or another:
Yeow Nam aka Ryan (CC): Couldn't communicate very well with him. I think every committee member of this camp experienced this too. He said he had to cover alot of our jobs cos we didn't do it well. so it ended up in alot of confusion and misunderstandings. but overall, he's a great coordinator (if we have enough manpower, that is!) cos he takes care of all OUR (as in committee) welfare, not just the campers'.
Li Fang (ACC): HAAHHA, this no.1 abuser (she likes to hit people's head using her finger knuckles; psychotic right.LOL jk) made this camp fun together with su hua around. she really fulfilled her role as the ACC, there can never be someone who is more compatible for this post than she is (:
Wen Yun (Liaison Manager): A 360 degrees-changed person since I last met. He became much LAME-er, much more talkative, and maybe even irritating at times. and! he likes to take photos too! don't judge a book by its cover, LOL =D But it's good that he's a changed person, if not I'd have one less person to crap with in the camp.
Jia Junn (Logistics Mangager): The person who owed us coconut juice! LOL. he's
greedy, much much greedier than my most greeedy friend. he eats alot, like really alot. he can have a box of rice with 3 ingredients and maybe half an hour to an hour later, said he wanted to eat and he'd take out the prata to eat. and irritating thing is, he still so lean=X
Su Hua (Programme Manager): The craziest person in the camp (as usual). Without you and Li Fang, I would just die in the camp man. Love u la my ex-boss! =D stop being saracastic to people la, especially those u hate =pPpPp
Slang (Land or sea? expedition planner): Someone who made either the sea and land expedition very fun. I wouldn't have enjoyed the camp if not for those programmes being planned smoothly! but someone keep hanging around with his group 1. pang-seh-er! LOL. I only meant for it as a joke, don't take it to heart ok!
Kelvin (Logistics subcom): Someone who's quite initiative, helpful,....A great helper of Jia Junn (:
.
.
.
.
and of course not forgetting the remaining others (like Hui Tong and Linda), but I'm just too lazy to go on and on.
hello mummy! please take care of yourself and make yourself a water bucket! if not on 26th we can't enjoy! <333
shopped with chai today! finally saw this dearly-missed gf of mine! was supposed to meet ang actually. feel so bad for ps-ing, girl! ): anyway, we tried to do some x'mas shopping but it didn't turn out fruitful; we started with looking at our own stuff most of the time, and by the time we started looking at presents for others, it was quite late already. LOL. justin came around evening and the two left for cathay while I headed down to vivo, wanting to catch golden compass but there were no more timeslots left for the 7/8pm show. all is >9pm onwards. so we ended up just eating at subway (yay! I had raisin cookie and my honey oat for bread, like finally!) and we walked around vivo. at least I managed to buy something for the people I intended to buy for today. yay. but I've still got alot of things not bought, and the most important one is to be given on the coming sat. shit la how!
received my dearest french BF's hand-made x'mas card. am I touched? she actually did it before she left australia. aww so sweet right. shall post a picture of it here, soon! (: I LOVE U TO BITS AND PIECES, if you can see this from australia! =D